Field Based Automatic Door Installation Technician(s) – Individuals or Teams
Date added to site: 22/11/18
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
Contract: Permanent following 6-month probationary period
Hours: 40 hrs per week + paid overtime at agreed premium rates
Holiday: 20 days, 8 Statutory, +3 Christmas shutdown
Responsible for installation and commissioning of powered pedestrian doors and shopfronts.
- Responsible for the installation and commissioning of automatic door systems including, slide operator and packages, swing operators and packages, bi-folding doors, manual doors, ICU doors, revolving doors, circle slide doors and shopfronts.
- Liaising with Horton project managers, sites and building owners taking inductions and adhering to health and safety systems to ensure all products are installed correctly and safely.
- Completion of daily worksheets and test certificates.
- Attending any relevant health and safety courses.
- Time served industry (or equivalent transferable) skills/experience.
- Understanding of BS 7036:1996/2014 and BS EN16005:2012 demonstrated by ADSA accreditation.
- CSCS card holder, NVQ level 2 accredited Skilled Worker card preferred.
- Good working knowledge of automatic door systems and aligned industry technologies and practices.
- Capable of reading wiring diagrams/schematics.
- Decisive problem solver in technical fields of door automation.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team with a strong work ethic.
- Presentable in appearance.
- A CRB check will be undertaken.
- Full clean driving licence.
You will be provided
- Company van.
- Hand and power tools.
- Uniform and PPE.
- Mobile phone and tablet.
To apply, please email your CV here.